Saturday, December 3, 2011

December 3, 2011

Time to start thinking of race season 2012!

As of now, I am doing 2 sprints and one olympic distance. I am doing Delta Lake, Iron Girl and Cooperstown. Cooperstown is the Olympic distance. It is a new race to the area so it will be interesting to see how it goes. I was going for the 70.3 but realistically will not be ready until 2013.

The three races I am on the fence with is Musselman, Old Forge and Cazanovia Tri. If races were free, I would do them all. IG was $125, DL is $85 and Cooperstown is $150. Maybe someday I will be good enough for a sponser.....LOL.

My big Christmas gift this year will be a snazzy new bike trainer. I did a lot of research and went with the Kurt by Kinetic. It is supposed to be a really good one. Now if I can just get hubby to spring for a new bike seat and wetsuit!

3 comments:

  1. Very exciting! You are going to love your trainer, but I would say if the seat is still bugging you, definitely start saving for that!! OUCH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good call on waiting until 2013 to do your 70.3. I have seen a lot of people rush to finish their first 70.3 or Full and either burn out, DNF, get injured or finish but lose interest. 70.3 Triathlons will still be held in 2013, take your time and enjoy the ride.
    Regarding the seat, work with your local bike shops, they often have loaners you can try out. Keep in mind though, that all seats will be a bit uncomfortable until you begin spending time in the saddle.
    Lastely, check out BeginnerTriathlete.com. It is an outstanding resource for noobs and offers free training programs for every distance of triathlon.
    Congrats on your progress so far and keep posting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the trainer! I LOVE my "green machine." It did wonders for me last year when I was rehabbing my broken foot. Good luck in 2012!

    ReplyDelete