Tuesday, August 30, 2011

August 30, 2011

I totally admit it. I fell off the wagon and I hit HARD. The party is over. If I am serious about doing a 70.3 in 2012 than I need to get back on track NOW.

Okay, I am not going to beat myself over it. Why look back when you can look forward?

So I had my first bike ride in 2 weeks last night. It was the first bike ride since July that I tackled the hills. Oh, I was hurting today.

Despite the sore lower thighs, I got on the treadmill this morning. It was not pretty. I was able to hang in until about mile 4. Then I just stopped and asked myself WHY am I doing this to myself. 70.3 involves a 13 mile run. The most I have run is 6 miles. I have a long way to go.

This all is supposed to be fun, right? I'll let you know when it becomes "fun" because it sure is not right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment